Work with us
Are you looking for creative job opportunities?
A print lab dedicated to the everyday adventurer, photo taker and story maker, we exist to make high quality photographic printing accessible to everyone.
Dedicated to providing exceptional quality and service and minimising our footprint, we are always striving to improve and grow our brand for our customers.
We love to collaborate with like-minded photographers and creative businesses, so if you have an idea or you’d like to join forces, just drop us a line!
If you’d love to join our team, you can find our current job opportunities below.
Digital Print Technician/Assistant
We are currently seeking a highly organised and creative person to join our team as a Digital Print Assistant/Technician. This is a rare opportunity for someone with drive and dedication to contribute to an exciting creative business, and help us grow our brand Australia-wide.
This is a part-time position offering flexible working hours from Monday to Friday, with the potential to increase hours and progress to a leadership role as the business grows. To be successful in this position, you must possess high attention to detail, have good communication skills and work well both on your own and as part of a team. You must provide exceptional customer service and produce consistently amazing work.
Working at our Bunbury studio, your tasks/responsibilities will include:
- Following systems and procedures to produce high quality photographic prints from digital media using a range of high-end photographic printers and software.
- Carrying out production processes including printing, trimming, finishing, packaging and shipping.
- Image retouching and file preparation using Adobe Lightroom, Bridge and Photoshop.
- Maintaining computer, printer and camera equipment.
- Inspecting prints to ensure our high standards as Master Printers are met.
- Dispatching orders within standard turnaround times.
- Scanning physical prints and film negatives onto electronic media.
- Maintaining production stock levels.
- Dealing with customers and providing advice in-store, on the phone and via email.
- Keeping production areas neat, tidy and organised.
- Art Reproduction (Scanning and Photographic)
- Coordinating studio and equipment hire.
- Liaising with our Creative Director to complete all tasks and explore new opportunities for the business.
The successful applicant will possess:
- Flair for design and creativity.
- Creative eye for colour and detail.
- Ability to follow systems and procedures with attention to detail.
- Strong initiative with the ability to problem solve.
- A positive attitude and with a friendly and welcoming personality.
- An appreciation for quality print products.
- An interest in being part of a creative community that celebrates people’s stories.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work productively without supervision.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom and Bridge.
- Understanding of colour management.
- Qualifications or experience in photography, graphic or interior design, or printing.
Who you are:
The role would suit a photographer looking for weekday work to supplement their weekend passion, or a design-conscious individual looking for a career in a creative industry. There is scope to expand the role to include other creative tasks once you’ve mastered the print essentials, working in an environment that rewards initiative and encourages development.
While colour management knowledge would be advantageous, no previous printing experience is required as full on the job training will be given to the successful applicant. If you consider yourself a people person who is motivated and driven with a proven ability to build strong relationships while taking pride in your work, and you want a career in a creative industry, we look forward to receiving your application.
Please email your resume and covering letter to Joanna Hitchcock at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applications that respond to the specific requirements outlined in this job advertisement will be considered, and only applicants successful in progressing to the interview stage will be contacted.
Applications close 27th February 2022.