Over the next six weeks we’ll be taking you on a photo tour of our neighbourhood. Meeting the people that ensure we’re well hydrated and caffeinated. We love our neighbourhood and we think it’s too good not to share.
A wise Australian television show once said that ‘neighbours become good friends’. We’ve discovered that neighbours with coffee become even better friends. Meet our coffee and bagel wielding neighbours on William Street, Aaron and Kev from Get Ya Fix.
Leaving their careers at Apple behind, they became the original bike + coffee shop in Perth. Bikes first, closely followed by coffee, I can vouch for them on both fronts. Their concept is simple yet brilliant. Bikes, coffee and carbs. Actually, jaffles and bagels to be exact.
So, other than turning up for the irrepressible charm, I’d be heading here for:
- a Lekker anything – black for me (I may or may not have what is now a black Jordaan….we won’t discuss how frequently I ride this bike, but she’s pretty and I’m aiming to improve my riding stats);
- a coffee; and
- anything on the jaffle or bagel menu – my favourites are:
- Castr0 – pastrami, pickles and cheese;
- Rosemary Bagel with Jalapeno Cream Cheese (trust me on this one); and
- Everything Bagel with Jalapeno Cream Cheese, Avo and Tomato (also trust me on this one).
We can’t wait to share more of the eats and treats on our ‘block’ in the coming weeks.
Get Ya Fix
1/471 William Street
Perth WA 6000